I do love a bit of sewing action, obviously only when I'm not slaving away for artysmarty, and I made use of some fabric scraps for my friend's daughter's dolly, Angela (no relation) the other day. So, I had kind of a template of her existing dress from a paper placemat that I had traced onto when I was at a restaurant with them.
From that I drafted a tissue paper pattern, one front panel, one back left and one back right. Was kind of guessing around the neck and arm holes, but I'd taken a measurement of her hands so I knew they fitted through. Note the left handed scissors!
As I am lazy, instead of lining the dress I decided to just put binding tape, folded elastic and lace around the openings (neck and arm holes) to give a nice finish and no fraying.
Two ways of closing the dress, one easy velcro (glued in with textile glue) and zipper (which wasn't that much harder). I think the zipper has it on the finish and will probably be more durable.
Once I got cutting was just as quick to whip up a few colour-ways...I think the Russian Dolls fabric takes the prize, although the Amy Butler grey and yellow spots is pretty funky too. Will try and get a model shot on herself to give you the full effect!